Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Sweet and Sour Chicken
1 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup canola oil
¾ cup sugar
4 tablespoons ketchup
½ cup vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1. Preheat oven to 325°F
2. Cut boneless chicken breasts into chunks.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Dip chicken in cornstarch and then in egg.
5. Fry in a little oil until brown but not cooked through.
6. Place in a single layer in a baking dish.
7. Mix sauce ingredients together and pour over chicken
8. Bake for one hour turning chicken every 15 minutes.
9. If you like extra sauce, make another batch of sauce and bring it to a boil on the stove top. Stir constantly and let cook over medium heat until thickened and reduced – about 6-8 minutes.