Saturday, September 11, 2010
I love the idea of dessert that looks like some of our favorite food items. I saw these cupcakes about 6 months ago on Bakerella and ever since have been wanting to make them... I finally got around to it. Not only are these lil cupcakes soo cute but sooo yummy as well. My husband and I absolutely loved them.
Yellow cake mix
Food coloring - green, red, yellow
1. Prepare cake mix and bake in muffin tins. Make sure to only half fill the cup or else they will end up way to big and not "bun" looking and don't forget to grease the tins. Once cooled cut off the top to the create a top and bottom layer to the "burger bun".
2. Prepare the brownie mix in a 9x13 pan and cut into "burgers" using a circle cookie cutter. If brownie burgers end up smaller than your bun just flatten them down. I ended up having to do that and for the next time i would flatten them a little more.
3. Split your frosting into two bowls and add the food coloring for your mustard and ketchup.
4. For the lettuce i used shredded coconut. Take some green gel food coloring and add a couple drops of water to it and mix. Then put the coconut in a ziplock back and add the food coloring to it and shake. If you don't like coconut then use frosting with the green food coloring instead.
5. Assemble your burgers. If you'd like, you can add sesame seeds to the top bun.