Ingredients: approx. 6 servings
6-7 medium sized potatoes - diced into small cubes
1 large onion - finely chopped
4 1/2 cups water
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1 1/2 tsp salt - or to taste
black pepper to taste
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp flour
2 cups milk
1 cup cheddar cheese
extra cheddar cheese for garnish
1. Peel and dice up potatoes and chop up onion.
2. Combine the potatoes, onions, and water in a stock pot and bring to a boil.
3. Lower heat to medium-high and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 min.
4. Once ready, take out about 1/2 cup of the water from the stockpot and add the 2 bouillon cubes to it and stir until completely melted.
5. Add the bouillon mixture back into the pot and add your salt and pepper and mix.
6. In a small saucepan, melt the butter medium heat.
7. Whisk in flour with a fork until well blended.
8. Slowly whisk in milk to prevent lumps from forming.
9. Continue stirring until mixture becomes thick, about 5 min.
10. Add the milk mixture into the stockpot and mix.
Next two steps are optional
11. Add 1 cup cheddar cheese and mix until melted.
12. Serve potato soup and top with cheddar cheese if desired.